VALKEN TRADEMARK USAGE GUIDELINES
Valken, Inc., a US corporation, and its branch office, Valken Incorporated located in Canada, and its subsidiary, VE Outdoor LTD located in the Netherlands with a branch located in the UK trade collectively under the name “Valken” and develop and globally market and distribute airsoft and paintball products and related services. Given the nature of our business, intellectual property is an important asset, so Valken has developed these Guidelines for the proper use of our valuable trademarks and service marks (collectively, “Valken Trademarks”).
1. Referential Use Only. Third parties may use Valken Trademarks (word marks only, not logos) solely to reference Valken’s products and services. Referential use is prohibited if such use would defame or disparage Valken, its products or services, or any other person or entity.
2. Referential Use Must Be Accurate. Third party use of Valken Trademarks must accurately portray the relationship between Valken and the third party (e.g., it should not imply sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of another company or its products, unless otherwise agreed upon by Valken) and must not create confusion about who owns the Valken Trademarks.
3. Only Valken Has Rights In Its Trademarks. Third parties must not seek, or suggest that they have, any rights in any Valken Trademarks. Further, third parties should not market products or services using Valken Trademarks or trademarks that are confusingly similar.
4. Valken Logos Cannot Be Used Without Written Permission. Do not use any Valken logos unless you have a specific written agreement with Valken allowing you to do so. To be clear, this means that you cannot cut logos from the Valken website and use them in your materials – even in materials only intended for internal or personal use – if you do not have a written agreement. To obtain permission, contact the Valken Marketing Department using the contact information for Valken corporate headquarters at http://www.valken.com.
5. Mark The Valken Trademarks Appropriately. Use the appropriate superscript legal symbol – ® or ™ - as set forth on the current Valken Trademarks List when a Valken Trademark first appears in each independent text. For instance, in a magazine, the appropriate legal symbol should be used with the first mention of the trademark in each article. Similarly, on a website, the first use on each web page should be marked. It is not necessary to place the legal symbol in headlines and titles if it greatly disrupts the appearance of an article, so long as the first use in text is appropriately marked.
6. Use a Trademark Legend. Documents referencing Valken Trademarks should contain a trademark legend which is typically listed along with other legal information at the bottom of a webpage, at the end of a document, or on the copyright page of a published work. The Valken standard trademark legend is:*Insert Valken Trademark name* and any and all Valken brand, product, service and feature names, logos and slogans are registered trademarks or trademarks of Valken in the United States or other countries. All other brand, product, service and feature names or trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
7. Do Not Alter The Valken Trademarks. Use the Valken Trademark exactly as it is written in the current Valken Trademarks List (e.g., do not use different capitalization, shorten the mark, or create acronyms).
8 Using Valken As A Trade Name. When referring to the company Valken or one of its subsidiaries, you are using Valken or the subsidiary name as a trade name, not a trademark. Trade names may be used as nouns or in the possessive form and no trademark legal symbol should be used.
9. Do Not Incorporate Into Third-Party Names. Do not incorporate Valken Trademarks into third-party product names or logos unless you have specific written agreement with Valken allowing you to do so.
10. Do not Incorporate Into Second Level Domain Names. Do not incorporate any Valken Trademarks into your second level domain name or register such a domain name unless you have a specific written agreement with Valken allowing you to do so.
11. Third Party Name And Logo Most Prominent. In any third party materials, the company name, logo and trademarks of the third party should be the most prominent in appearance as compared to Valken Trademarks.
12. Additional Information. No licenses or rights are granted by these Trademark Usage Guidelines, except those expressly set forth herein. These Trademark Usage Guidelines are not intended to be a definitive or comprehensive list of the proper usage of Valken Trademarks. Without limiting any right or relief to which Valken may be entitled by law or in equity, Valken reserves the right to (i) require a third party to submit its proposed use of a Valken Trademark for Valken approval prior to such use, (ii) object to any use of its trademarks, and (iii) revoke use of its trademarks by any third party. Valken reserves the right to modify these Trademark Usage Guidelines from time to time without notice. If you have questions about these Trademark Usage Guidelines, please contact the Valken Legal Department using the contact information for Valken corporate headquarters at http://www.valken.com.
These Valken Trademark Usage Guidelines were last revised on January 8, 2017.